How to login to retail app | Rest Assured Forum
S
Soumya Panigrahi Posted on 17/06/2019

Hi can you please say how to login to retailapp (You said using restassured website), but how to do login using restassured website , can you please explain ....

P
priyanka Replied on 17/06/2019

Hi Soumya,

You have to login using your username and pasword of this training course that you use to login in this website. That's what is said in the video.

Just enter your credentials in the program.

S
Soumya Panigrahi Replied on 17/06/2019

Hi , Thanks for replying

I have used the same credential which is provided for this course , but same issue is arising please check it and let me know

I have attached the project zip file please check it

P
priyanka Replied on 18/06/2019

Hey, your code is working perfectly fine.

You probably wouldn't have performed all the things required to start application.This has to be done before running the program (as is mentioned the video as well).

P
priyanka Replied on 18/06/2019

Let me remind you here whatever is required before you actually start firing up requests for the retail app:

1.) Copy the retail app and paste it into the folder “C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps”
This will deploy the retail application.

2.) Open XAMPP Control Panel and start Apache and MySQL.
This enables using Apache and MySQL by providing a platform and port.

3.) Go to "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\bin" and start Tomcat6w.
Now your application will start running at the local host and now you can run your code and see the output.

PS: -Download the same version of XAMPP and Tomcat as provided in the rest assured code
-Disk is generally C, there maybe other where your OS and program files reside. Just navigate to the folder accordingly.